Dedicated to the Thich Ca or the Sakyamuni Buddha, Chua Thay or Master’s Pagoda is named for Tu Dao Hanh – a 12th-century monk and master water puppeteer. The temple is mainly renowned for being home to more than 100 religious statues, including the two largest in Vietnam. Made of clay and papier-mâché, these giants weigh more than 2,200 lb (1,000 kg) each. Inside, to the left of the main altar stands a statue of the master, and to the right is a statue of Emperor Ly Nhan Tong (r.1072–1127), believed to be a reincarnation of Tu Dao Hanh, and under whose reign this attractive house of worship was established. The pagoda also hosts a variety of water puppet shows during its much- anticipated annual festival.