Also known as Go Pagoda, the present complex was built between 1802 and 1820 on the remains of an ancient site. Local lore and, more recently, archaeological findings suggest that this was once the site of a complex belonging to the Funan Empire. According to legend, at one time the temple was to be moved to a new site. But, as valuables were loaded upon a white elephant, the animal stumbled. This was taken as an omen for the pagoda to remain at its present location.
The complex has the monks’ living quarters, while the main sanctuary is situated to the left and contains statues of various Buddhas. Connected to it is an atrium with images of Quan Am, Goddess of Mercy, and the Buddha, as well as a ceremonial drum and bronze bell.